This chapter contains sections titled: • Introduction • Structural Genomics Tools • Expression Profiling • Functional Genomics • Genomics Information and Databases • Gene Cloning and Characterization • Future Directions • References.
Bibliographical notePublisher Copyright:
© 2011 Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
- Affymetrix genechip arrays - basic building blocks of affymetrix genechip microarrays, 25-base long oligodeoxynucleotides
- Barley cultivation, suited to temperate regions of the world - ranking fourth, in terms of total cereal production
- ESTs, 300- to 600-nucleotide long sequences - from cDNA clones
- FLcDNAs, derived from entire mRNA molecules - coding sequence and 5' - and 3' - untranslated sequences (UTRs)
- gene cloning and characterization
- Gene, referred to as HvAACT1, encoding a multidrug and toxic compound extrusion (MATE) family member
- Genome analysis - state of knowledge of barley genes
- Global importance of barley to agriculture - geneticists, history of studying role and function of barley genes
- Physical mapping and genome sequencing
- Reverse genetics, gene sequence - using genetics tools in identifying gene function