International Peer-reviewed Journals
*Joint first author
6) Chakrabarti S, Kolipakam V, Bump JK, Jhala YV. 2020. The role of kinship and demography in shaping cooperation amongst male lions. Scientific Reports, www.nature.com/articles/s41598-020-74247-x
5) Mittal D, Chakrabarti S*, Khambda SB, Bump JK. (2020). Spots and manes: the curious case of foster care between two competing felids. Ecosphere, 11(2).
4) Jhala YV, Banerjee K, Chakrabarti S, Basu P, Singh K, Dave C, Gogoi K. 2019. Asiatic lion: Ecology, Economics and Politics of Conservation. Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution, 7, 312. https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2019.00312.
3) Chakrabarti S, Jhala YV. 2019. Battle of the Sexes: a multi-male mating strategy helps lionesses win the gender war of fitness. Behavioral Ecology. https://doi.org/10.1093/beheco/arz048
2) Chakrabarti S, Jhala YV. 2017. Selfish Partners: resource partitioning in male coalitions of Asiatic lions. Behavioral Ecology arx118, https://doi.org/10.1093/beheco/arx118.
1) Chakrabarti S, Jhala YV, Dutta S, Qureshi Q, Kadivar RF, Rana VJ. 2016. Adding constraints to predation through allometric relation of scats to consumption. Journal of Animal Ecology 85:660-670.
Popular Science Articles
8. Chakrabarti S. It takes two to tango for lions. SAEVUS. 2020
7. Chakrabarti S. A cat out of the bag: lions in a human-landscape. Hornbill, Bombay Natural History Society, April-June 2019
6. Chakrabarti S, Dutt A, Sadhu A, Mathur VB. Campus Canines: managing stray dogs in WII campus. 2018. SAEVUS. Vol 7 Issue 4; Dec 18 – Feb 19
5. Research Advisor to Saving Asia’s Pride: Cover Story of SAEVUS, Vol 8 Issue 1, June-Aug 20185.
4. Chakrabarti S. 2018. Tailing the last lions of Asia. Science Outside, American Blog of Science https://scienceoutside.com/portfolio/tailing-the-last-lions-of-asia/
3. Chakrabarti S. 2018. Of Men & Manes. SAEVUS, Vol 7 Issue 1, March-May 2018
2. Chakrabarti S. 2017. Belling the cat: using telemetry to study lions in people’s backyards. Sanctuary Asia, Vol. XXXVII No.12 December Issue http://www.sanctuaryasia.com/magazines/conservation/10754-belling-the-cat--using-telemetry-to-study-lions-in-peoples-backyards.html
1. Chakrabarti S. 2011. A walk on the wild side. WII Newsletter 18(3) (pp) 2. Wildlife Institute of India
PhD, Wildlife Institute of India
Award Date: Oct 9 2018
MS, Wildlife Institute of India
Jun 27 2011 → Jul 5 2013
Award Date: Jul 5 2013
Research Interest Keywords
- Animal Behaviour
- Carnivore Ecology
- Animal Physiology
- Human-Carnivore conflict
- conservation biology
1 Media contribution
1 Media contribution
1 item of Media coverage
Press/Media: Expert Comment