Research Output per year
I am a Postdoctoral Associate at the University of Minnesota, Division of Biostatistics working with Dr. Mark Fiecas. I have obtained my Ph.D. in the Oxford-Warwick Statistics Programme (OxWaSP), working under the supervision of Professor Bärbel Finkenstädt Rand (University of Warwick, UK) and collaboration with Dr. Mark Fiecas. My area of research lies in the connection between Bayesian statistics and biomedical life sciences, where I am particularly interested in the development of methodologies for the automated analysis of nonstationary time series. Click here for my personal web page.
- Hadj-Amar, B., Jewson J. & Fiecas, M.,Bayesian Approximations to Hidden Semi-Markov Models (submitted), 2020.
- Hadj-Amar, B., Finkenstädt B., Fiecas, M. & Huckstepp, R., Identifying the Recurrence of Sleep Apnea using a Spectral Hidden Markov Model (submitted), 2020.
- Hadj-Amar, B., Finkenstädt, B., Fiecas, M., Levi, F. & Huckstepp, R., Bayesian Model Search for Nonstationary Periodic Time Series, Journal of the American Statistical Association, 2019.
PhD, University of Warwick
2016 → 2019
University of Oxford
2015 → 2016
MS, University of Warwick
2014 → 2015
BS, University of Genoa
2011 → 2014
- Bayesian Statistics, Time Series, MCMC, Spectral Analysis
- Bayesian Nonparametrics, Hidden Markov Models
Research output: Contribution to journal › Article