Nutrition Coordinating Center (NCC) maintains and updates this premier food and nutrient database that supports NCC's Nutrition Data System for Research (NDSR) software.
What sets the NDSR Food and Nutrient Database apart from the rest?
• Contains more foods and nutrients than other research quality databases
• Comprehensive - over 18,000 foods of which about 7,500 are brand name products, menu items available at 23 leading restaurants, and an array of ethnic foods.
• More nutrients and other food components than any other research quality food and nutrient database - 178 nutrients, nutrient ratios and other food components.
• Food group serving count system is available to facilitate estimating intake of food groups (e.g., daily servings of fruit).
• Complete - almost no missing data entries for nutrient values.
• Current - ongoing additions and updates to foods and nutrients in it.